• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Nadja Sue

It works on my computer as follows:

1. Enter Group

2. Edit Heliodon

3. Exit Group

4. Run Script

Maybe the old map is not deleted and the old one. Or maybe try copy paste to a new document.

I live in Switzerland. Maybe German IP are blocked :-)

Edited by DomC

Yes you are right, windows is the problem because it uses '\' instead of '/' for filepaths. ('Image from URL'-Node)

You can find the fixed version in the attached vwx.

I just found another issue - no matter what location I selected I always ended up in Turkey Ankara.

The reason for this was that the Long/Lat values containded a comma (maybe caused by german OS preference) . I fixed this problem with a self written StrReplace-Node.

Now most Citys are accurate but when I select Spain Barcelona for example it still misses the target.

Edited by Patrick Winkler
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
Hello all, I just wanted to give everyone an update on the info given in the last webinar. At 12 min. 30 sec. of this webinar, I say that the command vs.RectangleN() can be given a variable name. This is not correct. This function returns None, so the variable would be equal to None. No matter what, it is necessary to use the vs.LNewObj() after the rectangle function in order to give the created rectangle a variable. I apologize for giving the wrong info, I hope I didn't confuse anyone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:ph34r:

You might want to add a link to this thread in the description of the videos. I came across the series via Youtube, and even searched for them on the Vectorworks site. Nothing was listed on there, so I had written it off. Just stumbled across these now by chance.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
4 minutes ago, A+SMITH said:

:ph34r:

You might want to add a link to this thread in the description of the videos. I came across the series via Youtube, and even searched for them on the Vectorworks site. Nothing was listed on there, so I had written it off. Just stumbled across these now by chance.

We have something good for this planned, not sure when it will go live but it should resolve dead ends like this! 

I will also add the link in the meantime regardless.

• 3 weeks later...