How to safely remove VW 2015 after VW 2016 is installed

Dubman

I have followed the instruction in the knowledgebase, but when it tells me to go into the Regedit and delete the Nemetscheck folder, I'm not sure which version I am deleting.

I guess I should have deleted the 2015 before installing the 2016, is this true ?

Is there a way to uninstall 2015 with out loosing 2016 files or should I just do a complete uninstall of all & then reinstall the 2016.

Thanks!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You do not need to uninstall Vectorworks 2015 or have it installed before installing 2016. However, you can simply throw away the Vectorworks 2015 folder from within Program Files, the other regedit items aren't large or important to remove unless you're troubleshooting or planning to reinstall 2015 specifically.

Hi Jim,

On installing Vectorworks, is there any danger in having a master Vectorworks application folder with custom templates/presets that I copy from server to machine? What about Vectorworks preferences as well? (For arrow styles etc?) (with the exception of the license registration pref files).

We have many machines that need to be deployed and it hasn't been an issue for previous releases. Thanks.

Sort of. The older version preferences aren't DIRECTLY compatible version to version.

However, if you use the Migration Manager in 2016 to import your settings and templates from 2015, then put the newly migrated Vectorworks 2016 preferences and templates with the new installs of 2016 on the other machines, that should work just fine.

Edited by JimW

Now I wish I never un-installed VW 2015. I lost many good Resource Libraries of items I used a lot. Thankfully I have computer for my home office I still have 2015 on it so hopefully I can bring those libraries to my office computer.

How come 2015 does not come with the same libraries ?

The libraries of 2015 and 2015 should be very similar, what did you lose?

Did you already use the package manager to install all the 2016 libraries or are you looking at just the default content?

http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2016/eng/index.htm#t=VW2016_Guide%2FResourceBrowser%2FInstalling_Vectorworks_Libraries.htm