Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Solid Boolean does nothing in my Marionette

herbieherb

Im trying to create a Marionette that generates a 3D building with roof out of a 2D polygonal outline. All the basic solids i need work well, but i can't add and subtract them with the solid boolean function. If I add/subtract them manually it works. Also if i make a separate Marionette function that takes the input object by name it works with the generated objects.

Edited by herbieherb
  • Marionette Maven
Also if i make a separate Marionette function that takes the input object by name it works with the generated objects.

Could you be more specific about this?

Does this mean you're naming the initial poly that you use for the rest of the generation, or are you naming each of the created solids?

Also, while playing with this file, the network appears to be occasionally unstable. I'm not sure that this has anything to do with the issues you're getting, but wires are getting redrawn funny while I play with it. That may not matter in the end, as Marionette is more intelligent than its redraw capabilities, but you never know.

When did you start creating this file, and what Service Pack are you using?

Thanks!

Marissa

When i ungroup the resulting Object and then name each object, I'm able to run a simple Marionette Network that sucessfully adds and subtracts as the second object in the plan shows.

I made the Marionette today with VW2016 SP2 R1 (Build 288897) (German Version)

I think the weird behaviour of the Polygon is because the Get Bounding Box is behaving differently in a 2D or in a 3D view. Yet the calculation of the coordinates seem to be reliable. So I could simply delete the weird Polygon in the end.

Here is another version of the Marionette that doesn't act that weird :)

(sorry for my bad english)

Edited by herbieherb
  • Like 1
  • Marionette Maven

It doesn't look like you're doing anything wrong.

I do still think it has to do with the Extrude Along Path somehow, I'll throw this in as a bug and see what other information I can find out, and if I'm able to get something to work, I'll post it here.

I'm baffled by this and absolutely want to get it to work.

• 1 month later...