Company WorkFlow Frame

Hello all,

I’m working on to setup a company wide workflow. I have some questions but the main reason I’m posting here is to stress test the system I’m devising to hopefully bring out the flaws to surface with your help. So any comments or critiques are welcome, it’s what I’m here for.

We would like a long term solution which will carry through each year vectorworks brings out a new release and synchronizes as smooth as possible with few interventions.

This template will work on 2 main frames;

1) The Connected Library: A library folder which has files referencing other library files within this library folder. This is basically your good ole users and preferences folder but making references to each other as far as resources goes. (e.g.; User Tiles library file referencing resources from the user hatches library file.)

2) OmniClass based class system. I would like to adopt the OmniClass system to our template file and ultimately desire all the library files to be using these developed classes. This way we would have a unified language across our projects and we will be able to limit the number of foreign classes coming into our system better. (Is there a script to export the classes hierarchy with description cell visible?)

VW Master User Folder (The aforementioned “Connected Library") will live in a company owned server. Every so often we would update the folder with changes and new updates. People will grab this folder and make it their own “user & preferences folder”. (How will this transaction happen given the 2 options you are given at the change of directory in using the user & preferences folder?)

Another thing kept me wondering is, how does VW 2016 react to these anticipated changes? Does it render some of these things obsolete or make them impossible to implement?

Thank you in advance, for your time as well...

Edited by sle7en7