Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Duplicating Weirdness

Nik

Hi Nik

I think you found a "limitation" in the move node. Newly created and duplicated objecs are aligned on the plane (Screen Plane, Layer Plane), which the document is setup to.

But the move node try something to handle with planar, not planar, 3D Point, 2D Point,2D move and 3D Move.

So because point input is a 3d-Point and your object is sreen-plane (2D), it do not move.

Very good found ... :-)

Edited by DomC

Yes, mixing real and dim values often results in errors in different files with different units. In the file it do not work, imperial (dark side) units are used :-)

But in this case actually the 2D/3D separation part of the node can be blamed for this issue.

And with "very good found" I mean, I also forgotten to check that in my custom node "PutByRefPt"

Some other "weirdness"....

I have a 2D only Marionette Object, converted into plug-in Symbol, with 7 input variables in the OIP to modify the object.

Everything is working beautifully however if I copy / duplicate the object it reverts back to the "default" input variables.

Is it just me or am I doing something moronic...?

Attached is the marionette if you would like to have a play...

--->

On a separate but related topic, if you use the eyedropper tool to attempt to copy attributes from one instance of a Marionette Object to another it does not work, the scrip fails on the object applied to and the object disappears.

Hi,

I notice you have a node called Dropdown Menue which does not appear to be in the current or any additional nodes that i have seen. Is there another batch out there for download, or is this just one rogue one.

Thanks

Edited by Alan Woodwell

@Alan

It's is one I picked up from another topic on the forums. In its current state it is a little limiting as you have to input in the options directly to the script, I have been messing around to try to be able to use an input list node to make things easier but my Python skills are limited to non-existent... :blush: