Windows and Doors do not show in openGL within the wall tool.

I am currently working with Vectorwork 2016 and the window tool is snapping and locking into the walls and showing in the wire frame 3d but disappear inside the wall in openGL.

I can make them appear as they should if I make the drawing a symbol. I feel this is a glitch but am hoping that I’m doing something wrong as I would like to use the model to produce elevations although without windows its not possible.

If anyone can shed any light on this that will be great.

While I'm on the wall subject i am also finding that sometimes when working in top/plan view and i move an existing wall doors and windows start to disappear. As you can imagine it very irritating when i have placed 10 windows and they all disappear when i move/lengthen a wall.

Thank you

John

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you create a single new wall in a new document, then attempt to place windows and doors in it and render in OpenGL, do they still disappear or do they show properly?

If you copy the wall from your document where it isnt appearing properly into a new document and re render, do the inserted windows and doors appear or no?

(Also, please include your OS and version information similar to what you see in my signature to make future troubleshooting faster.)

Hi Jim

In a new document with a new wall the window works as it should. If i copy a wall and window from the document i am having issues with into the new document it works.

If i import the layers and objects from the original file the same issue occurs.

I have just added a signature with details.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Get that file in to tech support directly and have them take a closer look:

http://www.vectorworks.net/international/

Sometimes it can be as simple as accidentally having multiple overlaid copies of walls, but can also be unrelated to the walls themselves. Support should be able to find whats happening in your case.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem JohnF did two years ago except with shelving.  I've created a wall and properly inserted three bookcases into it but when I go to render in open GL while using a right isometric view the bookcases only show the outline of the face with no depth.  same problem rendering in Hidden Line. I tried copying it to a new document and creating a new wall with an inserted standard door but all with the same results.  The Wall insertion mode is on. Is there another toggle I'm missing?

I'm using Vectorworks 2018on a win7 64 i5 computer

Edited by Justin Schmidt
  • 2 years later...

Please can anyone help... I put in the doors window etc but it doesn't appear in OpenGl. Ive checked the classes which are all visible and have the class "MAIN CEILING" off as someone suggested in the forum, but to no avail And it says "DOOR IN WALL",  I have checked the "Show 3d Open" so for the life of me and can't seem to think why it isn't cutting the objects into the wall.

pls any correspondence will be greatly appreciated

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 15.27.51.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 15.42.05.png