Plant line border looks weird when applying to a bezier landscape area

kufuffin

I'm using the landscape area tool and applying the plant line border. It looks great on a corner vertex mode with the settings I use. However, when using it on a bezier vertex mode the crenulated look I want is gone, instead it looks as if someone scribbled in the edge with jagged lines.

See image: corner vertex mode is on left, bezier vertex mode is on right.

http://imgur.com/nUywXVU

Is there some way to get this look on the bezier vertex mode? I need to produce one sheet with a standard border in bezier mode and one sheet with the plant line edge. So I currently have to redraw all of the landscape areas again with the corner vertex mode. I would love to not have to draw the same thing twice (and come back and edit everything twice, etc.). Thank you.

...I've tried playing with all the settings for the plant line to see if it gets better.

Edited by kufuffin

I've had similar problems, and seeing your example, I wonder if it is meant to work on corner vertexes? Maybe use curve vertex, but not Bezier?

In addition, I often get a message that there are not enough points to create a plant line and wonder what that is all about, given there are dozens of points on my Bezier line.

Also, just crashed VW 2016 playing with the vegetation and plant line tools.....

Unfortunately, I believe you are right. The plant lines get clustered on any curved vertex or line segment and only really work properly on straight line segments.

Our workaround is to use clip surfaces to create an unedited area for plant area calculations. We then duplicate those shapes, offset them slightly inside, simplify polygons to eliminate arc/bezier/radii vertices and then create landscape areas with the plant line edges.

Obviously this is not ideal as duplication just creates the opportunity for redundant errors and more time spent; however, as a workaround, we have found that this helps not only clean up the graphics, but also helps when using landscape areas as 3D plants where image props would otherwise overhang adjacent paving/stairs/etc. The original is retained for necessary calculations.

This would be a big wishlist item though, a fix to the plant line along curved vertices. ++1