Surface Hatches with Background Fill

nrkuhl

I set up a surface hatch with a grey background fill and matching lines in order to have a solid grey fill for a membrane roof. I associated it with a texture, and then assigned that texture to my roof.

In an elevation viewport set to hidden line mode, the surface hatch background fill doesn't get drawn, just the lines.

What have I done wrong?

• Like 1

Ah, , the fill is the only part that I want - I don't actually care about the texture, this is a line drawing and I don't want to waste my time rendering it. I just want the surface fill to update with the object.

I think I have a feature request here for fully functional 3D hatches, that don't have to be associated with a texture. I'm doing this with a styled roof, so I just have the hatch/texture associated with the exterior finish component.

• Like 1
  • 7 years later...

It is strange that this to my knowledge still has not been resolved. I want to use materials in my model for obvious reasons, but some drawings, notably façade elevations, has to be coloured vector drawings and I cannot use fill colours to achieve this while I have materials applied. The shaded render mode is not a vector drawing but an image. The hidden line render mode does show line colours but not fill colours. The polygon render modes clash with the material textures, because they only show the fill attribute and this I want to use to control the section appearance of the materials (like in walls). If the hidden line render mode could show surface hatch fill colours as well, this would be perfect.

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...