VW basics - creating a sofa

Hi there,

I'm new to Vectorworks and am struggling with some of the absolute basics, so hoping someone can help!

I'm using Vectorworks 2014 Designer.

I'm trying to create a sofa, but I can't see any sofa in the tool set under "furn / fixtures". All I can find is the seating layout tool to create multiple seats together.

I've tried creating my own from simple rectangular shapes but it's fiddly and not accurate.

I'm sure there must be a simple way to access furniture beyond what is in the tool set - I don't know how to access furniture symbols for existing pieces, or if I need to specifically import these.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the guidance!

I've followed the steps to downloading and installing the relevant symbols and resources. When I'm in the resource browser and navigate to "add new favourite files", all the folders I'm directed to on my Mac are empty however. I'm currently running VW in Evaluation mode, as I'm at the early stages of practicing and not creating official drawings - could this be why?

Thanks in advance!