Opening Vectorworks 2015 file in 2016

Adding images takes a few steps. Here is the basic:

•In your post, switch to Full Reply Screen.

•locate and click the File Manager link - blue text in lower left.

•In the dialog, press Add File, browse to desired image or file, click OK (Open?)

•Wait for it to load/populate in the file list near top of the dialog

•Click Add File again to add another file

•Or click Done Adding Files

•Press the Submit button to display your post in the Forum.

Unwanted hidden lines? Some guesses:

•If in Design Layer, check for proper render mode? If OpenGL, is the option for Show Lines enabled?

•If this is in a Design Layer, make sure proper layers and classes are set to visible. You might have a visible layer with linework.

•If Sheet Layer, check for proper class and layer visibility, and note whether Background Render and/or Foreground Render has a render mode with hidden lines.

•If Sheet Layer, toggle the Project Planar Objects option.

OK

I've managed to upload the image files.

The model is being viewed in a viewport on a sheet layer.

I'm having an additional problem in that I can't now 'update' the view - when I try VW2016 crashes! I can update when I turn off view planar objects (this removes the previously noted hidden lines showing through also), but I need to show the planar objects in my model...

Having to go back to using 2015.

1st impression is that the v2016 has a dashed hidden line foreground render or an unintended layer/class visible.

Make a copy of the v2016 file, delete some things, eg all the windows or the roof or something major and try the renders again. Might point to a place to change something.

Crashes might mean corrupt object. Often a symbol.

If it's not proprietary can you post the file? or a Dropbox link to an abbreviated version of the file? Or send it to tech?

-B

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

For the actual issue in this thread, I also think it might be a dashed hidden line setting that was altered during conversion.

Does the same thing appear if you create a new viewport from scratch on a new sheet layer? Is this only in the viewport you see the lines, or do the show up on the design layer as well in Hidden Line?