Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Marionette Script does not re-draw

CarlJdP

Hi all Marionetters

I have a script that only works once, and does not redraw (once changed a Dim Input value) any time it is re-run after that. The OIP does however indicate a group was output, although nothing appears on the screen, not even zooming to selection shows anything.

Which does however seem to work for now:

- If I use the Debug Tool to inspect any wire the output objects suddenly appear again

- Or if I disconnect & reconnect a wire and re-run.

Did I miss something trivial?

Edited by CarlJdP

I see the same thing as CarlJdP with this script. And I've seen it with other scripts too (see here - https://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=221397#Post221397). It thinks its been drawn and "shows" in the OIP but its at some crazy co-ordinate. If you try and use zoom to objects nothing happens. I've attached a screen shot of the OIP.

Its definitely a bug.

Kevin

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=13866&filename=Screen%20Shot%202016-01-04%20at%207.00.40%20AM.png

Edited by Kevin McAllister
  • Marionette Maven

Kevin,

Yes. You're right. I do occasionally see the issue in SP2. I mostly work with versions that haven't been released to the public, and didn't think to check SP2 prior to replying to this thread.

Since I don't currently see this with the version I'm working in, it may be cleared up in a future Service Pack, but as for SP2, the workarounds are the best bet for getting results when the script fails.

Marissa

I'm not able to reproduce the issue you're describing. What are you changing the Dim node value to? I've played with a handful of numbers and have had no problem getting a new group output drawn on screen.

@MarissaF, I have tried various values for the dim i.e. 10, 24, 25, 50, 100. See the images below for the output I get the first time & n-th time I run the script after it was built.

I'm running VW Designer 2016 SP2 (Build 288897) (64bit) on Win 8.1

I see the same thing as CarlJdP with this script. And I've seen it with other scripts too .. I think its been drawn and "shows" in the OIP but its at some crazy co-ordinate. If you try and use zoom to objects nothing happens .. Its definitely a bug.

@Kevin, I get exactly the same output in the OIP, but that object isn't drawn/visible anywhere.

If possible, and if it is indeed a bug, can any of you please help to report the bug. I am unable to because I have a non-US serial number and our distributor don't have a bug reporting facility.

@Kevin, I get exactly the same output in the OIP, but that object isn't drawn/visible anywhere.

If possible, and if it is indeed a bug, can any of you please help to report the bug. I am unable to because I have a non-US serial number and our distributor don't have a bug reporting facility.

I have forwarded this thread on to Jim in Tech Support. He should be able to make sure the bug is documented if it isn't already.

Kevin

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Confirmed with Marissa, it is indeed a bug in 2016 SP2 however it looks like this was already fixed in development versions by a prior change. So what will happen in this case is that once the final testing versions come to us before they go public, we will reconfirm that this wasn't un-fixed before the SP goes out to you folks.