Export as SVG?

• 2 years later...
  • Marionette Maven

There is currently no direct way to export to SVG (to my knowledge), however you can export to PDF without rastering and get most of the vector information when you import it into a vector software.

I'm working on a Marionette script that can export to SVG, but it's in a very preliminary stage.

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 3/2/2018 at 2:27 PM, Marissa Farrell said:

There is currently no direct way to export to SVG (to my knowledge), however you can export to PDF without rastering and get most of the vector information when you import it into a vector software.

I'm working on a Marionette script that can export to SVG, but it's in a very preliminary stage.

I export as PDF with files containing both super high res images and vector data as PDF, Import into Affinity Designer and then re-export it as SVG. It works very well, in fact rock solid, including classes with names, groups, size, etc. To maximize the organization, I use divide everything into classes and then group each class. Images at 300 dpi. for both export and import. Affinity Designer cost something like $40-50 and is a great program available for both Mac and Windows. 

VW to Affinity to SVG.jpg

@Claes Lundstrom Thanks.  After reading a few more posts I've switched to PDF export fist and then opened in Illustrator. That managed to get it into an SVG format but even though I am drawing in VW in 1:1 it still opens in AI as a tiny little object that I have to scale up about x10. I haven't figured out the scale factor that it comes in at yet but there must be some consistent scale reduction. Thanks for the Affinity Designer tip but I'm going to try to get a workflow with the software I already have. I was disappointed to not see a native export in 2020 since a lot of the post saying they were working on it go back a couple years. 

• 1 year later...