Thank you for a great 2015…

“the people… have seen a great light…”

A shout out to all of you on the Vectorworks Community Board. If not for you, and my local Vectorworks distributor, troubleshooting Vectorworks, CAD, and BIM related issues would be a great deal more challenging! Thank you all.

Given that tomorrow is Christmas day, I wish you very a safe, joyous, and restful festive season. Especially for those dealing with the busy-ness of events, family, and friends. And for those who do not celebrate Christmas, I wish you a peaceful closing to 2015 and a great start to the new year.

Here is to a rocking 2016! :)

Classic advert!

Regarding the weather, we are in the other direction too! Usually in the high 30's (80's to 100+ in the old scale). Today it is a balmy 25 deg C (77 deg F). Although down In Melbourne they have had temps in the high 30's and 40's this week. Lovely! ;)

Whilst it is traditional to cook all of the northern hemisphere goodies, like turkey, pork, and lamb roasts, we also go in for the seafood (prawns and lobster) with salads. And to really mix things up, my wife and I have taken to having yum-cha for the various in between meals as well. Nice.

Yum cha is from Hong Kong/Canton, and is like a Cantonese version of Spanish Tapas.

According to wikipedia Yum Cha literally means "drink tea" in Cantonese and refers to the whole meal, whereas Dim Sum refers to the wide range of small dishes on offer.

Samosas, as in Indian? We made some curry pies from the left over turkey meat, and they are good!

Scottish and Chinese. What a combo! Szechuan haggis? Whisky duck? ;)

Burns Night? Please translate? As in, "kick the tyres, and light some fires?…"

Now I am hungry!