Linking dimensional values to a table

Hi,

I have a plan with dimensions on the annotation layer, and would like the dimensional values to appear in a separate table on the drawing, which list overall room sizes.

For example: If the kitchen is 2600mm x 3200mm, i would like those values to be in a table on the same drawing, and if i updated the dimension, it would update the value in the table also.

I'm using VW 2016 (Fundamentals), and don't have any experience with worksheets or reports.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan is using Fundamentals, so he won't have space objects.

But you can very easily make your own with polygons.

The easiest way is to create a new class. In the attached example I used a class called "Room Shape"

Use the polygon tool in the second mode (paint bucket) to draw polygons inside the rooms you want in the schedule.

Make sure those polygons are in the class "Room Shape"

For each polygon, in the OIP click on the Data tab and enter the name of the room in the Name field. (first field at the top)

Create a new worksheet from the resource browser.

Right click on one of the row headers and choose Database

For the criteria make it be Class is Room Shape

You will now have one sub row for every object in that class

In the database header row type for the first column type "=N" and it will display all the names.

In the next row type "=" and then click on Insert>Functions to get a list of functions. Choose Width.

Repeat to call all the information you need.

I'll attach an example you can take apart to see how it works.

There are some webinars in VSS on worksheets. You can also view them here: http://verysmallgroup.com/santa-barbara-vectorworks/movies-and-stuff/worksheet-webinar-2.html. (The movies are being blocked for me a the moment. But I'm using a Spanish internet service that I don't understand :-) )

hth

mk