Worksheet nodes

• Marionette Maven

Here's the first set of worksheet nodes you can use in Marionette!

I'll be adding more as the days progress, these are the ones I thought were most important.

Once I get them all set, I will sort them into files so that they behave like the NURBS node section in the dropdown.

Enjoy!

(if there's any functionality you need sooner than later, let me know and I will prioritize for you!)

Marissa

• 1 month later...

Hi Marissa, I would like to use Marionette to take a list of about thirty x,y coordinate pairs calculated in a worksheet and create a bezier-smoothed 2d polyline from them. I have looked at all the nodes that ship with 2016, as well as the additional ones you posted above, but am not seeing how best to get that long a list of vertices translated from a worksheet to polyline.

I can make an open polygon from two lists of values that represent x & y coordinates, but the list nodes only seem to be able to support 8 inputs.

I have tried using your “Get Cell Value” node, but cannot manage to get it to output anything from a worksheet. That would not be ideal in any case because I need to output quite a few values and, if I understand it correctly, would have to repeat that for each one.

Is it possible to grab a list directly from a worksheet? If that is not a current capability, would you be able to create a node that would do so?

Thank you

• Marionette Maven

Hi dason!

I'm attaching a network that I hope will help/lead you in the right direction.

In this document, the Get Cell Value node is a little different... the other one should have been "Get Cell Formula" but I misnamed it back when I made it.

I also modified the Polygon2D node in order to smooth your poly with bezier curves. I'll update that in the shipping library at some point to have more options.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get an actual polyline object to create properly, so I'm hoping the polygon is okay.

How this works: The Sequence nodes will essentially loop through every row in the worksheet, starting with 1 and ending with however many rows you have. This can be modified by you if need be. You have to have an input of at least 1 for each the row and column to the "Get Cell Value" node, which I'm sure makes sense. Also, the alphabet equivalent is as expected, A=1, B=2, etc.

These values are then pushed into the Point 2D node, creating the list of (x,y), and ultimately sending them through the Polygon 2D node to create your poly.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask for more information if you need it.

Hi, every time I see a new node I simply laugh at what seems the endless possibilities of a programmer to manipulate a program to produce anything. Its an extension of ones mind, and Brilliant minds at that!

I am so glad that I started following Marionette early so now I can follow along.

:)

Powerrrr toooo the people.

Edited by Alan Woodwell

Marissa, Thanks for these nodes. This opens up a whole new are area whereby the data in the worksheet can control the geometry in the network.

See file attached and a simple expansion on your network.

Change the data in the worksheet and re-run.

Change the name of the worksheets and make sure you tick the worksheet to update changes.

:)

Edited by Alan Woodwell
  • 1 month later...
Guest unlimited

Hi, here is a quick addition to the Worksheet nodes ( at least I didn't see it in Marissas list of worksheet nodes. I takes the Get Cell Value node which results in a and modifies it to Get Cell String for getting text data out of the cell.

This is such a great tool ( marionette I mean, not my node) - I mean if I can modify a node, then anyone can :)

Cheers,

Martyn

• 6 months later...
On 12/18/2015 at 6:01 AM, MarissaF said:

Here's the first set of worksheet nodes you can use in Marionette!

I'll be adding more as the days progress, these are the ones I thought were most important.

Once I get them all set, I will sort them into files so that they behave like the NURBS node section in the dropdown.

Enjoy!

(if there's any functionality you need sooner than later, let me know and I will prioritize for you!)

Marissa

The worksheet node files don't seem to be here anymore or am I missing something. I think they were there in the old forum, but didn't make the switch. I am looking for the shared Marionette nodes for worksheets but I can't locate them in this post.

Thanks.

Edited by ericjhberg
  • 1 year later...

Hi!

See screenshot for setup...

I'm trying to insert data from a worksheet into a new worksheet created by a wrapper using the worksheet nodes. For some reason the Get Cell Value doesn't work. When I link the string to the Set Cell Value it does work so I'm guessing that it has to do with the worksheet being 'outside' of the wrapper...I can't find the solution so any help would be appreciated!

Nico

Schermafbeelding 2018-05-23 om 15.51.14.png