Determine what is utilizing a certain class?

kdelvo

Hello Board,

Does anyone know of a way to quickly determine what is assigned to a particular class.

The reason I ask is because as I try to delete extra classes VW asks where to re-assign the objects attached to the class.

I do not know what this object is it's asking about.

ken

Edited by kdelvo

A quick way to find out is to temporarily change the Class Visibility setting to "Active Only", then make that Class the Active Class. After doing that, hit Select All and then Zoom to Objects. Don't forget to change the Class Visibility back to Show/Snap Others when you're done. That can be a confounding thing to deal with if you forget.

If the object is in or has nested classes, Active only won't help.

You might try making a worksheet to find objects in the class. In a blank worksheet, right-click on the row header and choose Database. Then set a criteria for the class. Make sure to check all the "in" options.

You can then right-click on a database row to select.

If no objects show up in the worksheet, the class may be in an unplaced symbol. Try purging symbols and see if the class goes away.

HTH,

Josh

Create a dummy class with an unusual pen color

Delete your classes as you're doing and assign anything that you don't recognize in there.

Chances are that anything that creates an issue will make itself known very fast.

If nothing is amiss rename your dummy class unknowns and move on.