Use Default Lighting

bcd

Question

8 answers to this question

This would be great! Currently I place all of my Light objects on a particular class, because if you turn off that class so none of the lights are visible, then you get back the default lighting.

This is particularly useful when working in OpenGL because I've found that anything more than a light or two and OpenGL starts to look like crap, often over-exposing (plus there's an 8-light limit).

Perhaps an additional request would be under OpenGL Options to have a checkmark for "Use Lighting", similar to how you can choose whether textures are used. Then I could leave all my lights visible but be able to switch into OpenGL and have the default lighting. Since OpenGL options are saved into Saved Views it would be very versatile.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
Perhaps an additional request would be under OpenGL Options to have a checkmark for "Use Lighting", similar to how you can choose whether textures are used. Then I could leave all my lights visible but be able to switch into OpenGL and have the default lighting. Since OpenGL options are saved into Saved Views it would be very versatile.

I like this a lot, adding this comment to the report explicitly.

The Lights should be controlled through Light Lister from Visualization Palette only.

It totally confuses me when I have to make my Heliodon Class visible to make it working

for Renderings. Otherwise I want it off to neither see the Heliodon again nor accidentally

editing it.

At least it works when Class is grayed but often forget it when ALT-switching all Classes.

Yes, extra Layer and Class for Lights, Heliodon and Cameras.

You have to manually check before every heavier Rendering - if they were really on/grayed.

Cameras nerve even grayed because they are recognized when Zoom to Objects.

Similar the Heliodon, its Symbol is listed in the Purge Dialog. When deleted the Heliodon is corrupt. Its Symbol folder is free to purge too, or when renamed you will even get more

Heliodon Symbols if you create more than one ....