Deformer tool: make deformation a checkbox pio

grant_PD

Question

Love love love the deformer tool. When I think about all of the curved surfaces I had to make in the past without it, it just blows my mind how well this works.

Can the deformation be something that can be switched off? Here's why:

The best way to draft a surface that has been bent (say a wall with details on it that have all been bent) is to draw a flat elevation of it. Which the user has already drawn in order to create the deformed object. But once the deformation has occurred the relationship between the original object and the deformed on is broken.

What we need to be able to do is create a symbol that allows the user to deform an instance of the object, thus allowing two things:

-the user can have a flat object with which to draw a flat elevaton

-the user can adjust the object in a flat elevation rather than throwing away the bent object and starting over, should a change need to be made.

This is sort of the long way around of saying please make the deformer work like it does in c4d, whereby the user can turn it off an on, and the object being deformed is a child of that deformer.

5 answers to this question