quality of arcs

Hello I have a question on how to make the top of curved doors look smoother. In the viewport they are showing as very faceted, more hexagonal than round. In the Object info palette the is an option for 3D render quality and it is on "Low" but it is greyed out as though I can't change it.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem. It is the properties of the object, or a more general setting in Document preferences?

If I can figure out how to up load a screen shot, I will.

Thanks

Also, the sheet layer has a resolution setting which affects items in Viewports. It defaults to 72. In the Organization or Navigation Palette, select the sheet layer containing the Viewport. Then edit the sheet layer settings (In the Nav Palette, right click on the Sheet Layer in the list) and increase the resolution.

Also, if the Viewport background render mode is OpenGL render mode: select the VP, click the Background Render Settings to open the OGL prefs. Increase the Detail level (default is Low), enable Anti Aliasing (default is off) and adjust other settings as desired.

If design layers show faceted curves in OGL, set the View>Rendering>OpenGL Options to High or Very High.

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw