planar caps on EAP

VW sure doesn't like displaying this EAP smoothly. It has so many facets even with the curve setting turned up to very high. Personally I'd bug submit this (Jim?).

Rhino displays it as a nice smooth surface and will easily create planar caps for this. I'd wish that the Create Planar Caps command in VW was made more robust so shapes like this can be worked with.

Kevin

VW Screen Shot -

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=13677&filename=Screen%20Shot%202015-12-15%20at%207.05.11%20AM.png

Rhino Screen Shot -

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=13678&filename=Screen%20Shot%202015-12-15%20at%207.05.58%20AM.png

Edited by Kevin McAllister
  • 4 weeks later...

Alan,

That's so interesting.

I downloaded the file again and it is displaying fine now. I've recently done a clean install of my OS and of VW so I guess something has either been fixed or was corrupted before.

There is a long history of complex EAPs being facetted. Its slowly improved over time but you still do see it once and a while. I assumed what I was seeing was related.

Thanks for asking me to take a second look.

Kevin