LDF file format

Can you clarify what application you plan to use that file type with?

THere are serveral diferent types of LDF files .. depending on what application you are working with.

I'm referring to the Layered Document Format for the Apprentice software.

I've been sending PDF's to our reprographics service for printing, but they have to convert these. So I'm trying to make the process more streamlined / elegant by sending them a format they can print directly.

They use Oce Repro Desk for plotting. It can accept (among others) LDF, VIC, HP-GL, HP-GL-2, HP-RTL. If you know of any drivers for MacOS X that can easily output (or convert to) any of these formats, that would be helpful.

Thanks for your help.

It looks like you can only create LDF files thru AutoDesk applications or any Windows compatible application.

VW is a windows compatible application, but I think since you are on a Mac, it won't work.

You may want to contact Oce about it.

Here is information on it

http://www.oceplancenter.com/learnmore.asp

As for the other file formats - HPGL/ 2 files are hard to create on a Mac OS 10.

RTL file output is something we are looking into for future versions of VW.

Have you talked to your print bureau to see what they recommended for creating these file types?