Select Similar Tool to work for Plant Objects

ericjhberg

Question

For some reason, and I don't know why, the select similar tool does not allow a user to select plants of a similar species. The only 'Select Similar Preference' that I could imagine to have this capability would be the 'Symbol Name' preference; yet, when using that preference in attempt to select all of a certain species of plant (different plug-in object symbol), you receive the message

"The selected activation options can't be used for this object. Please click on an object which has all the selected"

• Like 2

1 answer to this question

So...it turns out that you can select similar plants by species, but not by using the symbol name criteria. Instead, if you use the select similar by object type, it will now select all plants of a similar species.

This is a little counterintuitive to me, but it works. I would think that Object Type would return all Plants, and not separate by species and that by Symbol Name would be a more important selection criteria, but at least the functionality is there.

Consider this one a partial fix.