Hidden lines on viewport render terrain with lines

kufuffin

Hi, I've been using this set up on my viewports of 3d models and it worked well in VW2015...

background render: Final quality renderworks

foreground render: Hidden line, with a sketch style applied

..Now in vw2016 the terrain is drawn with many lines instead of the mesh which it's set to. The lines draw through my image props too. Can anyone offer any suggestions to get these rendering options usable again? We developed this style specific to our office and now we aren't able to create the same product that is expected of us.

[img:center]http://imgur.com/5YV7m2G[/img]

Edited by kufuffin
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

In case I misunderstood your initial description, you can also reduce the mesh lines by editing the Foreground Render Options for Hidden Line in that viewport and upping the smoothing angle to maybe 10 or 15 degrees, that would remove most if not all of the mesh tracing Hidden Line does but still leave the sharper edges of buildings intact.

However, that should be the same behavior in both 2015 as well as 2016.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
If you're referring to the dark green lines following the site contours, they look like Major or Minor contour lines - you can turn those off with the Site Model's graphic settings. Changing the smoothing angle won't have any effect on Major or Minor contour lines.

^ This is most likely the case.

Normally that setting shouldn't change on site models from one version to another buts its possible that was turned on between the rendering from 2015 and the rendering in 2016.