Chicago Summit- who's there?

_c_

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Detail is coming, I keep poking the coordinators with a stick to get the specifics on the schedule published, it should be available by next week at the latest (But don't quote me on that I'll deny everything!!)

• 2 weeks later...
Will the videos of the presentations, for other users spread over the rest of the world

be accessible, when they have select service ?

I mean in a reasonable time frame, so something before October.

This was the plan last I heard for at least the major presentations, I will confirm as I have not taken a peek at the plan very recently.

I know at least that the training session I will be assisting with will be available right after the summit, example files and all.

Sounds great !

Accidentally found the videos of the last summit in my select service account,

which where quite interesting. Keynote as well as quest speakers !

While some others looked like NDA signing required ...

Coming Training Sessions look very exciting too.

ALSO:

If anyone received an email with their training schedule and it was completely incorrect, please reply back to it stating any issues you see, we are working on resolving this now.

No need to reply to that training scheduling email, the issue has been identified and new schedules will be sent out ASAP.

Sooo... as you see in my new avatar I grew up. I'm almost 16 now.

I CAN'T wait any longer for the Summit! I have only two days left for getting ready!

It goes without saying that I didn't do a thing until now -barely managed to book a flight before it to be impossible- and will securely miss all I need. Who cares!

Orso

:D

Edited by _c_
  • 2 weeks later...

Went on an extended road trip after the sessions, but wanted to come back and say, nice job and it was totally worth going. I enjoyed meeting old and new VW friends and getting my questions answered.

Recommend you get energized next year, if it is at all possible. Many rumors about next year's site, but seems like somewhere west (makes sense to rotate from East, to Midwest to West to make it easier to attend)

I was lucky enough to sit next to J Wilson at the opening keynote. He helped with some laptop issues, as well.

Was watching the complaints on this board come in and had to comment "I couldn't do your job." Just as they were explaining how 70% of upgrades and improvements come from users, some complaints came in that they don't listen to us.....etc.

The Chicago Summit was a great experience and there was much to be gained from attending it. Make the effort and come next year. You won't be disappointed.

The most rewarding part for me was meeting the people who develop and support Vectorworks. They were all very enthusiastic about what they do and the synergy was tangible.

The program is in good hands and the future looks bright.

Was watching the complaints on this board come in and had to comment "I couldn't do your job." Just as they were explaining how 70% of upgrades and improvements come from users, some complaints came in that they don't listen to us.....etc.

There are valid reasons why both sides are not so wrong.