Class None affecting walls visibility

Scott@ZSTa

Having trouble in that some of my walls will not appear until the 'None' class is made visible. This is OK in VW, but when I export as a 3D PDF, these walls are not included in the export and hence the 3D PDF is missing the walls... How do I overcome? - Is there a way of dissociating my walls from class None? (not sure why this should be in the first instance!).

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

When you select one of the walls, is it listed as being in the None class in the Object Info Palette, next to "Layers" near the top?

If not, its possible some or all of your wall components are in the None class, but the default wall styles should automatically class them elsewhere. If you draw walls in a new document in their own class, does the same issue occur?

Don't seem to have the problem in a new document using the same wall style. But if I paste a wall from the problem file then I get the problem with the pasted wall still.

Its very strange as in the problem file the walls are not displaying when None class is off, but I can still select the walls if hover the cursor...

Also - the walls are visible in hidden line render mode.

If you restart your computer entirely, does the behavior change or do they still appear that way?

If so, go to View and enable "Unified View" if it wasn't already enabled, and if it was, turn it off and then back on again. If the file is still behaving incorrectly after that, send it in to tech@vectorworks.net ATTN Jim and I can take a look.

In this document, I saw the same issues until I made all classes in the document visible. This normally just means some of the component classes were turned off.

If you paste one or two of the walls into a new document, then check the Class list for that document, it will give you a good idea of what classes need to be turned on in your original file specifically.

However, something else about these walls is causing some slowness I wouldn't normally expect. The tile fill for the "Celotex CG5000" component is made up of 5 contiguous polylines and arcs, if you edit that tile fill, select those objects and use Modify > Compose you can create a much easier tile fill to be calculated which should speed things up in Top/Plan if youre getting the same delay I'm seeing.