Plot And Model View / Fixture Orientation

CharlesD

Trying to create a ladder where the fixtures hang "natural"

What's the solution here? Thanks!

See attached...

1) Create Lighting Device Symbols that are side-hung assuming the ladder is lying flat on the ground. A side-hung Symbol simply has the 2D portion offset from the Insertion Point. Mine are off the back of the fixture.

2) Define a "Model Geometry" and a "Plot Geometry" Design Layer. Make the latter active and insert a Lighting Pipe Ladder instance.

4) Insert Lighting Devices on the ladder, making sure "Set 3D Rotation" is toggled "on" and that a value of 90 is entered into "X Rotation."

5) Make the "Model Geometry" DL active.

6) Create a ViewPort on that DL, making the "Plot Geometry" DL visible in the VP.

7) Change views and flip the VP on-end. The LDs will "hang" and "focus" correctly.

Make sense?

Hi Andrew

I see what you are saying... Interesting concept that solves another issue that I haven't even gotten to you. Thank you for sharing.

I think my issue is different:

If you check my upload photo sequence you will see that when I rotate my 3D geometry my 2D geometry rotates as well such that what was the outline of leko now becomes a single line.

I would have assumed that setting the 3D orientation of a hybrid object would affect 3D geometry only. What I am seeing is that 2D geometry is also rotated.

Does that make sense?

Cheers.