Vectorworks Remote

RWSD

I wish to try the above. I have successfuly installed the plug in on my MacBook [manually, the installer doesn't work].

I have edited my workspace to place the Remote menu item in the Tools menu.

I have installed the app on my iPad Air and scanned the QR code, but then connection fails with the iPad app announcing that I should update Vectorworks Remote on my mobile device to version 1.5.x.x. The current version on the App Store is 1.4.1.

What gives?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Right thats what you're seeing, the issue is that the App store presents different versions to users depending on a number of factors, sometimes you might see 1.1 on iOS 6 but 1.8 on iOS 9 or something like that. But in your case, since you have iOS 9 that shouldn't be a limiting factor, I just needed more info for the Cloud team.

It wasn't supposed to happen, the Android and Apple flavors were supposed to launch at the same time, but on the Apple side the approval process for apps got hung up and delayed, shouldn't be for more than a day or two but it was unknown when the installation doc was being created.