Thanks!

Hi Jim

We have held off installing 2016 due to the high number of issues, bugs etc a lot of people have been posting messages about.

It's just been released I know, but it would be good to hear how stable 2016 SP2 is.

Other feedback would be helpful too.

Other than a few glitches like the align issue, I found since SP1 that the programme seems more or less stable. The thing I was finding even after SP1 was freeze-up / crashes if one undid certain more complex actions.

For example:

If I updated a Viewport, then went on to do a few other actions; say I draw 5 rectangles, then decided to Undo these rectangles. If instead of Undoing 5 times I asked to Undo say 7 times the programme will freeze & crash.

If I find more issues I'll post.

So I gather that Vw2016 SP2 has been released through the usual 'Check for Updates' method?

I didn't see any announcement of SP2 here on the forums, nor is it posted to the VSS Portal 'Current Vectorworks Release' (still SP1 installer on VSS).

EDIT: I found the Tech Bulletin announcement of SP2:

Tech Bulletin: Second Service Pack for the Vectorworks 2016 Product Line Now Available

[seems like these Vw Tech Bulletin Announcements should include a release date].

Edited by rDesign

Oh, May I take back my Kudo?!

While the Align Quick Keys have been returned they have not be returned to the Wall Tool. That is if one replaces a wall with a different wall type one cannot (as in older versions of the programme pre 2016) use Quick Command Keys to align the walls but rather use 3 or four click.

Sigh!

Not to be a boo bird on 2nd Thanksgiving (ATB to my family & friends south of the 49th for a happy Turkey Day BTW) but really? Why take stuff away like this? There have to be Tonnes of stuff to add to a check list & you forget some that that's what SP's are for. But to only half ass fix it is pretty shabby. Reminds me of this:

http://cheezburger.com/8477964288/funny-repair-pic-fail-telephone-pole

Jim W

Have had no response to my question about the missing delete command, has anybody else noticed? is it just windows or is it a problem with mac as well?

When I am editing I use one of my mouse buttons to delete, I have had to change this to cut and so I can not hold on to copied items for pasting as they default to the last item deleted, it really screws up my work pattern.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I am unable to replicate any issue with using Delete or Backspace to remove objects on OS X 10.10.5 or Windows 7 in 2016 SP2.

If you are still seeing that issue, go to Tools > Workspaces and try using a different workspace, sometimes keys not functioning can be as simple as a keymapping but I wouldn't expect Delete to unmap like that. If it still happens, get in touch with support directly and they can run through some troubleshooting.

However in the future, make sure you're contacting support directly if you have an urgent issue, the community board is great for advice but shouldn't be relied upon as the sole source for support, it isnt monitored as heavily as the support inboxes etc.