how to use the ' U Address' field

chstech

I have been reading on how to use this, and it seems to only auto populate if 'auto assign universe' is turned on. I use LW to do most paperwork and am not sure about how to even use the SPLT auto assign.

What i am looking to happen, as the Universe field and the Address field have values added the appear in the 'U Address' field combined with a separator /

How is the best achieved and how is the U Address field used by everybody else?

Thanks,

Drew

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Vectorworks keeps the universe, address within the universe, and the global (overall) address separate.

With automatic universe turned on you can only enter the global address and Vectorworks will calculate the universe and the address within the universe.

We always display them as separate data fields and you can not input using universe/address and have Vectorworks calculate the the information.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You are not going to be able to put a divider but you can place the universe and address next to each other.

In the Label Legend place the universe and right align the text. Place the U Address and left align the text.

You can create a container to place with the universe number to use as a separator.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

You can add the / into the symbol itself and then set the Universe field on one side and Address field on the other. Unfortunately, you then would need two sets of label legends; one with those two fields set-up correctly and the other reversed to account for fixture orientation. An easier, albeit less "standard" solution is to simply place the universe over the address or vice versa and detail that in your symbol key.