Runtime Error

I'm running VW 9.5.2 on a Pentium 4 PC with Win2000. When I tried to change the fill colour of an object through the attributes palette, VW gave me a runtime error.

I noticed a few other posts with this error, but relating to having 2 or more files open. My error happened with one file open, and more bizarrely, it wasn't happening yesterday with the same drawing AND I had multiple drawings open.

I've restarted now several times but it is still happening in various different files.

I can work around this by setting up a different class.

Is there a fix for this, please.

Thanks

Dave

THis is a known bug in VW 9.5.0 and later.

If you have more than one file open and you go tot he Attributes palette to change a color, you'll get a c++ run time error.

This was finally addressed in VW 10.1.

If you only had one file open and you got the crash, the object it probably corrupted.

That crash should only happen under two circumstances - a corrupted object or if you have two files open.

It depends.

You can try to cut just that object to a new file and then copy it back into your file.

Or if it's not a complex object - just delete it and redraw it.

In some rare cases, the entire drawing needs to be cut and pasted into a new file.