Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Marionette and symbols?

bbeanan

So I am just starting to play with the marionette tools and I am wanting to make a script that will do seating layouts they way I want and need them done (the event seating tool is a pain in the butt and never really works for me)

So I want to take a symbol (can't figure out how to do that)

Duplicate it in an array (simple)

Group that array (simple)

Duplicate that group offset but a certain distance (6' aisle for example) in both X and Y

I can pretty much figure out everything except for specifying the starting symbol. I was thinking Input Name would do the trick but can't get that to work soooo... not sure now!

I figure I can end up with a script that I can put in the number of chairs per row, spacing between rows, then spacing between sections and the number of sections. Then really quickly I can change it up to find the best layout for a room (given fire code and such)

So I want to take a symbol (can't figure out how to do that)

Duplicate it in an array (simple)

Group that array (simple)

Duplicate that group offset but a certain distance (6' aisle for example) in both X and Y

I can pretty much figure out everything except for specifying the starting symbol. I was thinking Input Name would do the trick but can't get that to work soooo... not sure now!

In this post over on the Marionette forum, DomC has posted a file containing his custom Marionette nodes to insert 2D & 3D symbols.
  • 4 months later...