How often should VW have to "Activate" over the internet?

A few times a week when I open Vectorworks it prompts me that it must be activated over the internet (the dialogue box you get when you first install Vectorworks). Should this be happening this often? I'm only working from one machine, my laptop, though I do connect to different networks for work/home/coffee shops/etc.

Normally it's not a problem to just click activate, but more than once I've gone to do on-site drafting somewhere without wifi, open Vectorworks, and have been presented with this screen, meaning I was formally f*cked and couldn't do any work.

What's the deal?

Edited by AEB
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It should only be REQUIRING activation once every 90 days or so. It will attempt to check the server and renew activation in the background and even the 90 day thing should only happen if your machine has been offline each time Vectorworks was launched within that 90 day period.

Get in touch with Tech@vectorworks.net, (they will need your serial number) they can check with the activations team and see if they can determine why its happening repeatedly. I wouldn't expect it to be doing that under normal circumstances.

I can't personally check activations or I would just look you up right now. (They don't give me admin over EVERYTHING ...yet ;) )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...