Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Marionette Script runs differently if it's a wrapper or not

Xavi1

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello - I checked this file out and the issue seems to come from the offset poly. you have two different operations performed on this single object - planar boolean and extrude. Because of this the definition will react differently within a wrapper. A wrapper changes the hierarchy of operations within a definition - it can't hold off performing operations til the end of a definition. For example, using the delete node within a wrapper can cause a problem - its best to create an output for the object to be deleted and attach the delete node outside of the wrapper.

For this definition, if you make a copy of the offset poly and use one for the boolean and one for the extrude you should be fine.

Let me know if that works!

-Sarah

Hello, It works better and allmost right but not at all. I think the new Problem is the Planar Boolean. After the substraction, within a wrapper, i have two surfaces to extrude instead of one. Is There no possibility to delete only one of them?

Sorry for my terrible English.

-Xavi

• 3 weeks later...

Has anybody encountered a situation in which the script works the same when it's in a wrapper, but differently when the wrapper is converted into an object node?

I'm testing out marionette and trying to put together a very rudimentary tool for 2d window elevations, and when I wrap this script and then convert to an object node, it starts to behave differently. I think it has something to do with the origin input in the very beginning but am not sure.

• Marionette Maven

@ScottBFM:

The problem isn't with the origin input, it appears to be with the "move" command. I'm not sure why this doesn't work well with Marionette Objects, but I have attached a revised network that when you convert to an object node looks as expected.

In order to accomplish this, I added to the initial origin to offset the following rectangles. Take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Marissa

Thanks for your help Marissa!

In the revision you've attached, the object node works except when you try to change the frame and sash. I'm assuming the dim nodes titled Frame and Sash need to be connected to the origin in order to center under the original rectangle, or perhaps by somehow using the center point output of the getRectangle node.

This is why I had posted on the other thread about centering/aligning etc., it seems like there would be some unnecessary scripting involved in getting the rectangles to align responsively.

• Marionette Maven

So in this case, the "origin" refers to one of the corners of the rectangle - with this file, it is the bottom left of the rectangles.

In order to have everything grow together, we need to create more relationships.

Let me put together another example (I should have it ready and posted by tomorrow, latest).

I would not have taken the center point approach, personally, but I can mock up an example using that method as well.

Thanks for your patience!

Marissa

• 5 years later...