Human figures in Final quality rendering issue

Alright, I'm working on a project using spotlight in vectorworks 2016. I have the scene set up, the lights are on, and I have human figures in the scene as well. When I go from OpenGL to final quality renderings things then go south. The lights are rendering, the set is rendering, but my human figures are coming out black. I've used this program before for the same type of thing, but this is the first that its ever done this to me. Any idea why my people are rendering like this?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It was a very useful tool, but the geometry it created was seriously problematic. Even before the rendering issues in this thread, the level of complexity in just a handful of them (for really, not-that-attractive figures) could bring slower machines to a crawl.

I am not sure if the intention is to replace this tool with another similar tool that creates more attractive/efficient geometry, or if the plan is to move more to image props/3D symbol libraries of people. I'll ask.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
Thanks Jim

It would be good to know if something is in the pipeline before I put my hand in my wallett

Personally I have not seen evidence of anything in the near future related to this topic, certainly not within the bounds of this version. It may very well be worth it to pay for what you need now.

• 9 months later...

The human figure tool, as much of a disaster as it can be, has been of enormous use to me, in that I can create poses resembling that of the piece I am designing. This is very helpful to the artistic directors I work with. Anyone know of another tool, usable in VWX, which allows this kind of flexibility?

• Like 1