Old Symbol Obsolecence - wall type reference marker

Joz

Hiya.

I've got an ancient symbol for a wall type marker that my office has been using for YEARS. It's got a data field that was editable up through VW14. Now, the information palette data tab has no field to edit. Editing the symbol itself shows the text placeholder.

Trying to use a proper symbol, which is editable in half the time than the option-K-group-edit I'm now forced to employ. And which seems tidier. Any way to update the symbol? Or find the old data field in a new place? Or is it just ... dead?

Alternatively... what could I use as a new symbol that is text (2 characters) in a 45deg square with a line coming off one corner? Like a rectilinear lollypop, but rotate-able.

Thanks much for any insight... apologies if my search-fu was insufficient to find any previous related discussions. Happy to post pix/files if that will help.

:)

Edited by Joz
Guest Wes Gardner

Hi Joz,

If your wall style has something in the "Mark" field under the Data tab, then you should be able to use the ID Label Tool to tag your walls. (See attached screen shots)

Wes