custom reference markers

Hi,

If using them at an office for all the staff to use it is best to set up a "Workgroup folder" for the office and direct all the VW stations to it.

VW program looks in order of Workgroup folders then User Folder and then the Program folders for the reference files. So if you have in your workgroup folder "Section-Markers".

So you create your custom markers and save this folder in this location and when you go to you tool set and open Section-Elevation you will see your marker.

HTH

I an office environment it is best to set up all your special items and put in the workgroup folder that way when you get upgrades the program wont overwrite them.

you can do this for all the folders, See attached where only our office wall styles show up.

Edited by Alan Woodwell
  • 8 months later...

I think I have a similar question as the original poster here:

My new office uses the section marker as shown in the attached screen shot. The problem is that this marker has 3 text fields instead of the usual 2. Top number and bottom right are drawing and sheet number respectively -- normal. The bottom left number refers to the sheet number that the drawing is from (ie., the sheet that the floor plan is on) -- weird to me, but not my call.

Ideally, I would like to be able to use this marker with automatic coordination but have not yet figured out a way to do this. The closest I have gotten is by doing the following:

1) In the Section Markers file, created a new symbol that looks like this. Inside this symbol, I added a text field that is linked to a record that pulls the sheet number (using _SN suffix).

2) In my drawing file, I go to my section viewport and turn on the section line instance on for the Plan drawing. The section line appears on the plan and I select my new marker symbol as the marker style. I then have to uncheck the “Text Auto-Fill” box and then manually enter in a bunch of spaces in front of the Sheet Number (EX201) so it is scooted over to the right instead of being center aligned with the drawing number (5).

So this is really clunky and is only semi-coordinated (only works if I keep text auto-fill checked until I am positive about the layout of my sheets, then go back and uncheck them all.) Plus, if I use the marker at a different scale, the font sizes don't match up.

Is there another way to accomplish this? I thought another way to do this might be to create a marker symbol with fields that automatically refer to the appropriate viewport (in addition to the field that refers to the current sheet number). Then just insert it a symbol and skip the Section Line altogether. But I haven't been able to figure out how to make the fields that refer to the drawing number and sheet number of a specific viewport.

Any suggestions/ideas appreciated!

Edited by jwouie