Cannot get VW2016 to open in El Capitan

Jampo

I've been trying for many days to install and run VW2016 on my MAC PRO.

At the suggestion of tech support I opened a new account on the computer and installed it there. Works FINE.

But there must be some reason it won't open or run in my base account.

Any ideas? VW has stopped answering me.

El Capitan 10.11.1 Ram 16GB Vram 1GB

It runs fine on my Macbook Pro too. Same OS.

Edited by Jampo
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If it is working fine in the new user account, the reason is normally corruption in your main user account. This often occurs when using the migration utility from Apple to go from one OS or one Mac to another. This is also the same reason it may run just fine on another Mac running the same OS, the issue is with the account specifically.

Supposedly the migration was corrected in 10.11.1 but that wouldn't help you if you migrated BEFORE that OS version was installed.

I ran Alsoft diskwarrior utility before and after the 10.11.1 update and I can run both VW 2013 and also 2016 with out issue. I did have to remove and re-install Adobe Illustrator CS6 but everything else is working. If you are updating a damaged system the result will be flawed. BY the way El CAPTAIN (Apple disk Utilities) will no longer repair disk permissions so I used Diskwarrior instead.

I run a Mac Pro with a lot of non apple modifications so if the update causes issues lots of stuff has to be removed, However this update was not an issue with my macpro is running fine. Some of the last Apple updates shut me down completely..

Bob