Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Does anybody know, what's on with Vectorlab.info?

VvierA

There is no "owner" of vectorlab, or at least it was never meant to be so.

Vectorlab hatched out of a fenix egg through some magic skills of Frank Brault, was lovingly dismembered by Orso (inspired by Petri), glorified by Charles Chandler, secretely enlightened by Raytangle, enrichened by Joel Sciamma, made a classic by Gerard Jonker ... who's now also Vectorlab's final active incubator.

We had a hell of a fun! But now we all moved to the developer wiki.

We kept Vectorlab though, because on dev -comprehensibly- there is no room for articles or freaky experimental sub-routines devastating your efforts to establish your person as a serious scripter.

And yes, the site seems to be down, we'll ask Gerard why, as soon as in Europe a more decent time is reached.

Ciao!

Edited by _c_
  • 3 weeks later...

Any updates guys, this was such an invaluable resource.. no where else can you find info on the Color changes from VW2008 and the ever cryptic List Browser! It was so well documented.

Hope it comes back soon!

Below are a couple of webclippings for anyone needing these, I clipped to my evernote for future reference, I'm now wishing I clipped the whole of vectorlab!

If anyone has any please share, I'm looking for notes on the ListBrowser section.

Index pitfalls - Vectorlab

Absolute Origin - Vectorlab

Thanks in advance

Tui

Any updates guys, this was such an invaluable resource.. no where else can you find info on the Color changes from VW2008 and the ever cryptic List Browser! It was so well documented.

Hope it comes back soon!

Ciao Tui,

I am surprised and glad you liked the List Browser article! You can't imagine what a joy you give me. I never had any feedback but from a handful of dear friends with whom I discussed some parts of the article and I thought of being not only the author, but also the only 'reader'.

Yes, deciphering List Browsers in total absence of documentation was for me like archeology and cryptology in one.

No worry, I am now updating the wiki, which should be running back soon.

Edited by _c_

No Tui, we are 'tolerated' by Nemetschek. Never acknowledged, not once. But never forget: initially all was done by Frank Brault, who moved on to other Nemetschek tasks.

Also we are tolerated because there is obviously no intention to compete with the Developer Wiki. I am myself a passionate (read obsessed) editor on dev, which I beg you to consult, when it's about the singular routines.

Edited by _c_

Hope it comes back soon!

Ciao Tui,

I am surprised and glad you liked the List Browser article! You can't imagine what a joy you give me. I never had any feedback but from a handful of dear friends with whom I discussed some parts of the article and I thought of being not only the author, but also the only 'reader'.

Yes, deciphering List Browsers in total absence of documentation was for me like archeology and cryptology in one.

No worry, I am now updating the wiki, which should be running back soon.

I also had a great help from that article! List browsers are difficult at first, so it was really helpfull to have your article to figure them out! Really thanks for it!

Thank you!

This is going to take a little while yet, I must do more urgent things (finger pointed at Matt :whistle: ).

I had to re-install the wiki completely because it was too obsolete. Now we will be running MediaWiki 1.26 (we were under 1.10). This means that the whole CSS and custom extensions deceased. I am over with the new CSS and now I am tackling the extensions (page snippet listings, instant VSS to Applescript conversion and code coloring). I wrote them about 7 years ago as patches of better stuff done by better people and in the meantime I forgot all about PHP and MySQL. Also... I have a nice task for a while there too.

I also took the chance to delete the odd 18000 spammers who happily harvested on our wiki in the absence of their mamma, me. At first I thought of running a certain script which was supposed to delete all spammers and their post, if any. I thought it, I did it. Bang. This positively deleted all my posts and banned me forever from Vectorlab. Dubious about the effectiveness of this action, I spent an afternoon reconstructing database and wiki (who claimed that redoing a database from backup is fast?).

After that I decided to delete all users who didn't have any legit edits. E basta. This was fine to me, but eventually not so to you. Now if any had an account on Vectorlab and lost it, please accept my apologizes. You must do it again. Since we (pluralis majestatis, I am afraid) can't afford to babysit Vectorlab with all its lovely spammers day and night, I decided to close off account creation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHO WANTS TO HAVE EDIT RIGHTS AT VECTORLAB PLEASE WRITE ME

Mail at: noreply at vectorlab dot info

wished user name: ...

wished password: ...

I'll make you an account as soon as possible.

These are the survivors at Vectorlab after the mass deletion of users:

• Aarondotcom
  • AndrewC
  • Catpalmer
  • Cbaarch
  • Charles
  • Connectcad
  • DieterAtDWorks
  • Dssprat
  • FGB
  • Frank
  • Frank Brault
  • Gerard Jonker
  • Islandmonusvi
  • JackCopeland
  • Jbenghiat
  • Joel.s
  • Joshtreverton
  • Mullinrj
  • NIL (it's another manifestation of myself, actually)
  • Neatworkz
  • Orso
  • Panzercad
  • Petri
  • Phiggins
  • Rgm
  • Stan Rostas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, _c_ said:

Hello all,

Vectorlab is now forever down.

TWK, I can send you the List Browser article privately.

Sorry, I totally forgot about this thread.

What a shame, that resource was a treasure trove.

Yes please @_c_, that would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I am very sorry that Vectorlab went down, Gerard maintained it really a number of years.

The List Browser article is saved here as web archive, for those interested:

The List Browser Article is now hosted on Dev under my personal page as _c_.

https://developer.vectorworks.net/index.php/User:CBM-c-

It would be so good if @Vladislav Stanev could give us -finally!- a true documentation. In the mean time, just use that.

Edited by _c_
Remove spammed zip file
  • Like 1