Creating custom sheet border and title block

Nedly

Excuse if this isn't the correct place to query the following: I have a title block and sheet border that I want to use on my drawings. What's the best way to do this? I've researched the "Custom Title Block" topic and it doesn't really address what I want to do (at least from my experience level).

I want to take a title block and sheet border that I already have, and use it in all my drawings.

Thanks in advance.

Nedly

PC, VW2015

Excuse if this isn't the correct place to query the following: I have a title block and sheet border that I want to use on my drawings. What's the best way to do this? I've researched the "Custom Title Block" topic and it doesn't really address what I want to do (at least from my experience level).

I want to take a title block and sheet border that I already have, and use it in all my drawings.

Thanks in advance.

Nedly

PC, VW2015

I make my title block a symbol and then drop viewports on it in sheet layers. The title block is connected to a record format in order to update all the information.

Guest Wes Gardner

And additionally, if you don't want any of the default title blocks showing in the options list when you go to select a title block, do this:

Rename the folder "Sheet Layers - Title Blocks" in the Applications folder (just put an "X" in front).

Create a file in your USER FOLDER in the Sheet Layers - Title Blocks folder where you place your custom title block symbol as well as its Record information. Call it My Custom Title Blocks.

You'll need to restart Vectorworks to have these changes "take".

Now once you place your sheet border and select "Title Block" you will only see your title blocks.

Keep in mind, if you want to EDIT the custom title block, do it in the file that is in your USER FOLDER's Sheet Border - Title Block folder.

Edited by Wes Gardner

I know the original poster already has his or her title block made, but for anyone that may be creating one I have a tutorial with steps and guidelines for making a custom smart title block. I hope it's helpful:

http://www.andybroomell.com/vectorworks-title-block-tutorial

There is also a button to download a PDF version (which is preferable, in my opinion).

The information in the posts above about placing your title block into the User Folders so that it appears in any document is also very helpful. Thanks!