3D loci disappear from my drawing

I've been using 3D loci to simulate a centre of mass for a centre of gravity worksheet, but every so often the loci just disappear from the drawing and I have to re-insert them.

I haven't managed to work out what is happening when they vanish.

They are not part of a symbol, after I had so much trouble with nested symbols not updating in the worksheet.

Where do loci go [Confused]

Steve

using Mac OS 8.6 and VW 9.5.2

Katie, I'm changing views constantly, because to calculate the centre of gravity in 3 dimensions I have to swap from top view to front view as there is no Z Centre function.

I create the loci as class None, and I've done a Report that lists all the loci on every sheet, it doesn't find them.

I tried the Custom visibilty tool to show all 3D loci, but that's made no difference

Still puzzled

Steve

Katie, I meant there is no Z centre function in the worksheet, so I have to view the drawing from the front, and run the worksheet to get the COG in the Z direction, then view the drawing from the top, and re-run the worksheet to get the COG in the Y direction.

The Z placement in the OIP doesn't match the ruler in the front view, only the X and Y values correspond

Are you typing in a z value when placing the 3d locus in TOp view?

Is the z value higher than the rulers go in a front view?

When you switch to a front view, can you do a "Fit to Objects" from the Page menu or the button in the scroll bar.

Do you see the locus points?

Katie, answers to your questions:

>Are you typing in a z value when placing the 3d locus in TOp view?

No, I normally switch to front view and then adjust the Z position. I tried typing in the Z value, works OK, but with the same offset to the ruler.

>Is the z value higher than the rulers go in a front view?

No, it's about centre of the drawing

>When you switch to a front view, can you do a "Fit to Objects" from the Page menu or the button in the scroll bar.

Yes, both methods work

>Do you see the locus points?

Yes ( at least until they disappear [smile] )

Thanks

Steve