hiding objects

nrkuhl

Question

For my next request, it would be a huge step forward to be able to hide individual objects from any view (3D or 2D) temporarily. I want per object visibility controls where I can hit a hotkey or right click and say "hide", and have the object disappear from view. Class level control is not fine grained enough for 3d modeling, and farting around with the viewcube takes too long.

I'd also like the inverse of this, where I can isolate an object by hiding everything else, also with a one step process.

12 answers to this question

I guess my current VW equivalent is Group/Edit Group/Exit Group/Ungroup....

Although a wee bit cumbersome, I use this method a lot too.

One issue it potentially creates is that when grouping the object(s) the group is automatically Sent to Front, so at the end of the process your stacking order is changed.

Hide and Unhide would be incredible useful.

If implemented into VW I think it'd be important that all objects are unhidden when a file is first opened (or alternatively a warning saying that some objects are hidden with buttons to keep it that way or unhide all objects).

I realize there are multiple ways to work around this, but they're just that: work arounds for something that is a basic part of every other drawing program I've ever used.

Having a hide command with a keyboard shortcut is the sort of improvement that would add a few minutes back to my day on a regular basis.

I would also love the return of that feature in a comfortable and reliable way.

Something like hide selected or hide unselected with an emergency button to unhide all again.

I think this generally is kind of a a minority feature, not used every day,

but sometimes in special situations it can save your deadline.