Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Set Fill node

jc4d

Hi all,

I can get my head around on how to set a fill color for a rectangle.

I have a node to create a rectangle but when it comes the time to set the fill color I get blocked.

This is the simple setup so far:

14019991.t.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Juan

Edited by jc4d
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Attributes node, simply pass the rectangle through the Attributes node before it continues on. Select the Attributes node and assign the desired attributes you want to apply to the Rectangle to the Attributes node itself.

It's explained briefly here at around 5:11:

As Jim said you can use the attributes node - that is the simplest way to do it - but if you want to use the Set Fill node, the input for the back color must be three values [r, g, b]. The easiest way to do this is to use a Point3D node from the points section and give the x- y- and z-coordinate a value between 0 and 65535.

This node is a little tricky and should have a better description.

Hi all,

I´m digging now on how to apply a gradient but it seems that there is the possibility that I have found a bug.

I tried Jim´s technique but I can´t change the gradient Rotation in the Attribute node and as you can see in the file the gradient seems to be rotated 141 degrees???, pretty strange.

You can check this by converting the object into group and then seeing the Gradient´s rotation value.

Cheers,

Juan

Confirmed, its taking the rotation value on the attributes node, but not showing it on the attributes node fill itself. However when I run the script, the generated rectangle is rotated some angle off of 0, but has a strange value like you mention above. Submitting this as a bug now.