Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

how to set plane?

benAU

Hi

I have have successfully used marionette to make a 2D parametric object and now would like to move onto a parametric 3D object.

I want to be able to draw a shape in front view and extrude in that plane. That shape will then be used as a path to create a hole cutting object with a profile shape - similar to the example in tutorial 6.

I cannot work out how to set the shape to a different plane (specifically, front view).

Any helpers? Thanks

Thanks for the replies. Linear Extrude sounds promising.

Alan has the right question for me.

Could the Set Plane node be used to set the working plane? If so the plane is set by a tuple. How do you input a tuple? Do you have to use in ordered list?

edit.... just found the Matrix node in Math.... Getting closer!

Edited by benAU

thanks to sarah and alan

I want to be able to use the shape of an extruded object as a path in an extrude along a path. This is the same concept as the skylight object in tutorial 6, except that I want to house that shape in a wall, not a slab. So I think I need to set the working plane (to front view) and extrude a shape set to screen plane. Sarah's linear extrude may still be the answer, but not sure how you would extract the shape for the path?

If this is correct then how to I set the working plane?

test network attached

Edited by benAU