vectorworks not responding

I have 3 licences for vw architect with render works on 3 pcs. 2 pcs on win 7 and 1 on win 8. All 3 keep crashing or not responding. Tried all ways of sorting it out but still have problems. Upgraded to 2016, did a complete fresh install, updated all drivers but all 3 still keep crashing frequently like several times a day. I am having to to an auto save every 10 minutes.

Been in contact with vss and they don't know what the problem is and can not fix it.

Decided to upgrade all pcs to win 10 and update drivers again. Not sure its worked yet. Vectorworks on one pc is going extremely slow and not responding. So I doubt the problem is fixed.

Reading here I see that other users are having similar ongoing problems so obviously there is a problem with the software.

So when will it be fixed?

I would suggest setting your Autosave to number of operations instead of amount of time. I've had much better luck with this setting. I used to have it set to time but the timer would run out at inopportune moments and often cause crashes.

I've found VW2016 to be pretty stable and reliable. Are all of your crashes happening in one project file? Perhaps you have a corrupt object in the file or in your libraries/templates.

I'm on a Mac so I can't speak specifically to PC reliability.

Kevin

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Disconnect (dont just turn off) the secondary monitor from that machine, then reboot the computer entirely.

Then, verify your Nvidia graphics settings are set at least similarly to the following:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/1207/Improve+OpenGL+and+Wireframe+performance+-+Windows+only+-+Nvidia+graphics+only

Launch Vectorworks, then work for a period in that configuration, tell me if the crashing persists or no on that machine.