Multi WIndows

Jim Smith

Question

I would like the ability to work similar to how Rhino has 4 windows open from the same drawing file. Or how Excel allows one to tile a large spread sheet. Ideally this would allow one to have 1, 2, 3 or 4 Sheets, Saved Views, or Viewports open at the same time to either visually check out items from an other location in the file, or to see how a change executed in top plan for example, looks in isometric view.

I will do this now by producing PDFs and opening these on my other screen.

6 answers to this question

I was really hoping VW2017 would have multi-view capabilities.  Kind of an odd feature to lack in the year 2017 considering every other major 3D modeling app features this key workflow ability.

In VW having to switch back and forth views, when we have multiple monitors to have separate view windows on, is really archaic.  I use other apps that have this feature and its so important.

Very cool other features in 2017 (and 2016 for that matter), but the lack of multi-view is sticking out like a sore thumb for VW.