changing the Obj Info Palette

I recall there is a way to change the data fields as listed in the Object info Palette, but I can't figure out how to do it. Can anyone help ?

Specifically, I want the OIP to show the data field for a door plug-in object to show the field for the door hardware key code. I know I can get to it by picking 'settings' from the OIP, then scrolling around until I find it. But I would much rather be able to see it immediately when I select the door and the OIP shows the door parameters. Thanks for any help, in advance.

I don't think there is a built in way to do it in Architect. Spotlight has a very cool interface for customizing the lighting instrument OIP, which also has a large quantity of data points.

I think you can edit an xml file to change the order of fields in the OIP. I've never been brave enough to try it.

mk

Do you want to change the order in which the data fields appear in the record when displayed in the OIP?

If yes, you can rearrange the order of records in the record definition by selecting the record definition in the resource browser and edit it.

This will "update" the display order of data fields of the record in the OIP.

no ... I don't want to change the order of the data fields. In this case, the OIP does not show the door plug-in object data field for key code. I want to make it show up in the OIP so i don't have to always access the "settings" dialog box to get to it.

any other suggestions ?

What you are requesting is something that has to be hardcoded in the plug-in. The space object for example can do this. You can choose which parameters appear on the OIP.

If you do not have the option for the door, then there is no way of doing it.

Edited by hippothamus