Classes within symbols

I have imported a whole load of symbols from AutoCAD within which all objects are of a class but are not displayed with class defaults e.g. The class for down pipes is blue line and 0.05mm but displays as 6mm. Is there is a script that will convert all these objects as the class default of 0.5mm and blue or do I have to manually go into every symbol and change everything to Make All Objects By Class.

I have imported a whole load of symbols from AutoCAD within which all objects are of a class but are not displayed with class defaults e.g. The class for down pipes is blue line and 0.05mm but displays as 6mm. Is there is a script that will convert all these objects as the class default of 0.5mm and blue or do I have to manually go into every symbol and change everything to Make All Objects By Class.

Imported AutoCAD symbols will only show with class defaults if the symbol items are complying to the two requirements below when created in AutoCAD:

1. created on layer 0

2. properties (i.e. colour, linetype etc) are set to "bylayer"

In all other cases the imported symbol will be have a "fixed" colour, linetype, lineweight, layer (class) in its symbol definition.

Pat's script may fix this for you, but you have to make sure that you want the symbol properties to be by class. Setting the colour, linetype etc. to be fixed in AutoCAD might have been unintentional or intentional. In the latter case, upon re-exporting to dwg files your symbols will not be as designed and may not appear correctly when inserted back into the original AutoCAD drawing.

Thanks for the script !

but you have to make sure that you want the symbol properties to be by class. Setting the colour, linetype etc. to be fixed in AutoCAD might have been unintentional or intentional.

That's a good point.

Some large firm CAD Standards here do not allow to set attributes by class.

Assigning by object is mandatory.

In my case it was just a mix out of both options ;)