Seriously slooow and inaccurate modeling.

dahard

I normally do my 3D modeling in other programs since it's mainly done for rendering purposes. But I would like to start using VW's BIM capabilities. I have a project that would be good for this type of workflow and I have started modeling it in VW. But I noticed right off the bat that the interface seems to be really slow, not very responsive, and not very accurate. The interface is not smooth at all, there is a huge amount of delay. Things don't always snap where I want them to. and navigating around the model is incredibly slow and difficult. I have a new Mac Pro that has a 6 core processor and 16 gigs of RAM. The graphics processor is a ADM FirePro. All of my other 3D programs zip along. Vectorworks 3D, Not so much. Is this just the way it is with VW?

Edited by dahard
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

^ This is most likely the main factor. However, 2013 was before any of the modernization of UI resource usage or GPU utilization.

I recommend comparing what you're seeing now to how your file behaves in the Vectorworks 2016 trial version:

http://www.vectorworks.net/trial/form

That will give you a better idea of what the current modern version of Vectorworks is capable of.