Project Sharing wishlist

nrkuhl

Question

After implementing project sharing in my firm for our larger projects, here's a few things that I think would make it more user friendly.

1. a "commit and release" option - very often I'm done with all of the layers I'm using, but I don't need to completely close the drawing file, so "close and release" is not a particularly useful command for us. It would be nice to have an option to commit all my changes, and release my current layers.

2. in the layer tab of the navigation palette, it would be awesome if project sharing commands were available when right- or command- clicking on a layer. I'd especially like the option to check out or release a layer from here.

3. this one is pretty minor, but it would be nice if comments for check out/release could be set on a per layer basis. I don't feel that strongly about this because I doubt anyone in my office will ever actually review those comments, but if we did, they wouldn't be that useful. Because of the clunkiness of the check out and release process, we tend to work with batches of layers checked out at a time, even if they aren't all related to a single task. So the commenting ends up being not at all fine grained.

Stoked about the feature, just needs some fine tuning!

2 answers to this question