Marionette 3 Drawer Cabinet

I have been playing with Marionette. It is very fast to make objects. Here is a simple 3-Drawer cabinet that I made to try it out. My only challange was the mathematics for the two bottom drawers, but that is my fault, not Marionette.

This cabinet allws you to control the top draw height, the carcase thickness, the drawer from thickness, and all other typical settings. It will only make a 3 Drawer Cabinet at this stage.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Very nice!

Slightly modified one attached that will allow you to select the desired textures for various components from a pulldown menu. Couldn't resist playing with it, been working a bit more with Marionette in between other projects.

[img:center]https://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=13317&filename=Screen%20Shot%202015-11-02%20at%209.29.00%20AM.png[/img]

(However at the moment it only allows selecting textures that are already in the document, if you select a texture that is only in your resource library, it simply has no effect. This bug has already been caught and will be corrected in an upcoming patch.)

Hi Jonathan,

That was a custom Node I made. Testing my novice python scripting.

Expert coders please amend as you see fit.

--Edit--

Apologies, just clarifying, the node is custom made, the scripting internally is actually the result of exploring how to implement using the AutoHybrid feature into our in office plugins. I found out that the AutoHybrid object is actually a Custom Object. Thats what the internal script of this AutoHybrid Node manipulates.

Hope that makes sense.

Tui

Edited by twk
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...